Printable Verison for this Alert note: acrobat format
Model letters: note: acrobat format
- General Public
Printable Verison for the BUDGET RESTORATION CHART note: acrobat format
Printable Verison for the TALKING POINTS note: acrobat format
How Many Letters You Are Sending form note: acrobat format
April 9, 2013
UPDATE ON CSCS CITY HALL ADVOCACY DAY:
OLDER NEW YORKERS ACROSS THE CITY ORGANIZING FOR MAY 8TH ADVOCACY DAY
WHAT IS HAPPENING:
- Councilmember meetings: CSCS has arranged almost 20 appointments so far with Councilmembers. This is great progress a few weeks into our organizing work.
- Confirmation letter: When a meeting is confirmed with the Councilmember,
we send them a confirmation letter. We will send you a copy of this letter prior to Advocacy Day.
- Briefing calls: Bobbie Sackman will hold two briefing sessions via conference calls to discuss logistics of Advocacy Day, the issue talking points and to answer questions:
April 16, 2:15-3:00 or April 22, 2:15-3:00. Please have the talking points in front of you for the call. CLICK HERE for the TALKING POINTS. Please sign up with the borough coordinator when she contacts you.
We will send you call in information. These briefing calls are critical to ensuring the success of Advocacy Day.
LETTER WRITING CAMPAIGN:
- Thousands of letters have already been sent to Councilmembers across the city.
- Your agency does not have to mail copies of letters to us as that has presented difficulties for some.
- BUT - PLEASE CONTINUE TO SEND LETTERS TO YOUR COUNCILMEMBERS! If you have already sent letters, try to get more signed.
There is a general public letter on our website for those not attending senior centers, but want to support our advocacy.
- In order for us to track the letter writing campaign, please fill out the form below and email or fax, 212-398-8398, to:
Manhattan - Andrea Cianfrani - email@example.com
Brooklyn - Jenn Lee - firstname.lastname@example.org
Queens, Bronx, Staten Island - Ani George - email@example.com
For further information on the city budget, please contact Bobbie Sackman, Director of Public Policy, (212) 398-6565 x226 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CSCS – THE POWER OF AGING!
WE CHAMPION ELDER RIGHTS